July 9, 2012
In a previous post, I outlined the exciting changes to our GMAT prep course. Both our students and our teachers have a lot to look forward to. Two of the most interesting and innovative improvements are the number of class sessions and the method of delivery. Our GMAT course now consists of eleven in-depth, comprehensive classes (previously, it was nine). Let’s look a little closer at how we are breaking those up.
When you sign up for GMAT On-Site or GMAT Anywhere, the time and place of the first six class sessions (Quant 1, 2, & 3 and Verbal 1, 2, & 3) will be fixed—that is, you will look at all of our class schedules and choose the fixed schedule that works for you. Whether your instructor is live in-person or live online, you’ll have a regular class to attend and will learn side-by-side with your GMAT cohort. The Fixed class sessions provide the foundation upon which the Flex class sessions are built. (Note: If you’re studying with the GMAT On-Demand course, then all of your sessions are on-demand – you’ve opted for maximum flexibility. Also note that these prerecorded lessons from our On-Demand course are included as supplemental material in all of the On Site, Classroom Anywhere, and One-On-One courses as well.)
Your five GMAT Flex class sessions (Quant 4 & 5, Verbal 4 & 5, and Integrated Reasoning) are designed to take your GMAT prep to the next level. The name “Flex” reflects not only the intense GMAT workout you’ll get in these sessions, but also the maximized convenience we know our students need. From a robust and varied list of rolling class times, you will choose when to sit for each of these sessions through your online center with the simple click of a mouse.
Flex classes are taught by a core set of standout Kaplan GMAT faculty in our dynamic online learning environment. These faculty members are consistently rated excellent by 90%+ of their students and have taught literally thousands of people to crack the GMAT.
During the Fixed classes, our students build a lasting and meaningful relationship with their expert instructor, be it in a class online or one that’s on-site. Now, with the addition of our Flex sessions, students will have even more expert GMAT coaches in their corner all the way to Test Day.
July 2, 2012
Being the best means never letting up—always moving forward and always striving to be even better. It is with great excitement that we officially launch our new and improved GMAT prep course offerings.
As always, you can choose to study with Kaplan GMAT On Site, Classroom Anywhere, On Demand, or GMAT One-On-One – and we have revamped all of these GMAT prep course packages. From the textbook to the number of class sessions, our students get more and better of everything. Let’s take a look at some of the features and details of the new course:
- 11 class sessions: We have added 2 sessions. Our new GMAT course is now comprised of 11 class sessions. If you’re in an instructor-led course (On Site or Classroom Anywhere), your session structure will include Fixed and Flex sessions to heighten personalization, convenience, and in-depth, structured training (more on this in a moment). (If you’re studying with the On Demand course, then all of your sessions are on demand – you’ve opted for maximum flexibility. These Lessons-On-Demand are included in the On Site and Classroom Anywhere courses, also.)
- Integrated Reasoning (IR): Our courses now feature a dedicated IR teaching session and a Lesson-on-Demand in addition to full-length, scored Integrated Reasoning sections on all 9 practice tests. It’s the most IR preparation you’ll find anywhere.
- 9 full-length practice tests: Students have access to 9 full-length test. In addition, we offer the Official Test Day Experience – students can take any of their practice tests at a Pearson/GMAT testing center, the same place they will sit for the actual GMAT exam.
- Free make-up sessions: You can schedule makeup sessions at your convenience, because we know how hectic and unpredictable GMAT students’ lives can be.
- Adaptive Learning Technology: With our proprietary Smart Reports™ technology, we answer two questions: How am I doing? and, What should I do next?
- Brand new coursebook: Written with extreme pedagogical care and expertise and influenced by feedback from students and faculty, our new coursebook has doubled in length and serves as the comprehensive reference and practice guide for GMAT success.
- Guarantee: As always, every course comes with our exclusive Higher Score Guarantee. (Which reminds me: this guarantee also covers those of you who are finishing up your course. If you’re hungry for our overhauled study program, you can use your guarantee to repeat “into” the new program.)
All this and more make up our new GMAT course—one of our biggest projects to date. Innovation and commitment to excellence have yielded a powerful GMAT prep arsenal for our students, and we can’t wait to see the scores roll in. Take a look at some of our GMAT links below for more information: